If you’ve never given fennel a chance this is the recipe to start with!
150 grams of quinoa
10 cherry tomatoes
2 medium fennel bulbs
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of saffron threads
small handfull fresh basil
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme
1 knorr chicken stock pot
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of oregano
3 teaspoons of tomato puree
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in halve, place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper en season with salt, pepper, honey and oregano. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package.
- Trim of the stalks from the fennel bulb. Halve the bulb lengthwise and cut the halves into wedges. Halve the zucchini, deseed and cut in big chunks.
- Finely slice the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide pan over high heat.
- When hot add the garlic, thyme, basil, saffron and some lemon zest, cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fennel and zucchini, cook them until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and tomato paste along with a cup of water.
- Cover and cook until the veggies are tender (15-20 minutes).
- Serve with the quinoa and cherry tomatoes.