This classic meat sauce is easy and packed full flavour, a true family favourite.
3 cloves of garlic
5 stacks of celery
665 grams of ground beef
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 knorr chicken stock cup
1 small can of tomato puree
2×400 grams tin of pomodori pelati
splash of white wine
- Peel and finely chop the onions garlic, carrots and celery.
- Put a large pot on medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for 10 minutes or until softened and slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the splash of white wine.
- Turn up the heat and stir in the ground beef, cook until browned, stirring and breaking it up with a spoon as you go.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and chicken stock.
- Add in some water, cover with lid and let it simmer for 30- 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
- Season to taste with some black pepper and salt.
- Eat right away with some pasta or leave it to cool and store in the fridge 3-4 days or freeze.