Risotto is by far the most comforting food.
450 grams of pumpkin, peeled and deseeded
4 stalks of (purple) kale, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 large garlic clove, minced
300 grams of arborio rice
a splash of dry white wine
900 ml hot chicken stock or veggie stock (I used chicken)
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 large handfull of sage leaves
1 handfull of roasted hazelnuts, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the pumpkin into 1-2 cm chunks.
- Heat in a large pan the olive oil, on high heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic, half of the sage leaves and pumpkin until golden.
- Add the rice, stir until well combined.
- Add a splash of white wine and stir well, until the wine is absorbed.
- Add a couple of ladles of stock and the kale. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the stock is absorbed. Repeat this proces until the rice is tender and the stock is absorbed, about 30 mins.
- Transfer into bowls and garnish with some sage leaves (you can fry them in some olive oil first) and the hazelnuts, finish with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!!