This simple and quick soup warms your soul on those early, cold autumn days.
1 large red onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tin (400grams) of white beans (cannellini)
1 large handfull of fresh thyme
1L of chicken stock or veggie stock
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
black pepper, freshly ground
2 handfulls of packaged, diced soup vegetables
- Peel the parsnips, drain and rinse the cannellini beans and pick the thyme.
- Coat the bottom of a pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high.
- Then cook the parsnips, garlic and onion until softened and slightly coloured.
- Add the soup vegetables, beans, nutmeg, stock and thyme and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Blitz the soup in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth, add extra stock if it’s too thick.
- Season with some salt and pepper and serve hot!