A fresh, light and tasty salad!
1 large octopus, frozen
1 large red onion, sliced
5 garlic cloves, 4 crushed, 1 minced
1 handfull of any fresh herbs you can find (basil, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf,..)
1 handfull of celery leaves
4-5 celery stacks, cut into chunks
6-10 small boiled potatoes
1 handfull of cherry tomatoes
1 handfull of parsley, minced
5-6 black olives (preferably taggiasche)
juice of 1 lemon
- Remove the tooth from the octopus.
- Take a large pot and cover the bottom with olive oil, throw the red onion, crushed garlic, fresh herbs and celery leaves in.
- Place the tentacles on top, cover with lid and gently simmer for 40-60 minutes, until tender.
- Let it cool and remove the octopus from the pot.
- Cut each tentacle off of the octopus and slide the slimy pink layer of the tentacles and head, using your hands, until left with a pinkish white meat.
- Cut the entire octopus into bite size pieces.
- Place the cooked octopus in a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour in some olive oil and season to taste with pepper and salt.