Nothing better than some freshly baked focaccia!
2 cups of white flour
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsps of dried yeast
1 & 1/2 cups of luke warm water
2 tbps of olive oil
1 tbsp of maple syrup
fresh rosemary (dried’s fine too)
black and green olives
2 tbsps of olive oil
- In a large bowl add the 4 cups of flour
- In another bowl add 2 tbsps of dried yeast, 2 tbsps of olive oil and 2 tbsps of maple syrup, give it a little mix and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add the yeast mixture in to the bowl of flour and stir until the dough comes together.
- Transfer to a floured board and kneed the dough for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer to a large oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel, let it rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour preheat the oven to 180°C and shape the dough into a rectangular shape, and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Let it sit for another 30 min.
- Meanwhile slice the olives in half and rinse the capers.
- After 30 min use your fingers to dimple the dough and push the olives, capers and rosemary in.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsps of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pop it in the oven for 30 min or until golden brown.