This glorious bell pepper and onion stew can be served as antipasto on top of bruschette, as pasta sauce or as a contorno for meat or seafood.
serves 4 ( 8 as a side dish)
4 large red bell peppers
2 medium yellow onions
1 teaspoon tomato puree
juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cube veggie stock (or chicken stock)
- Deseed the peppers and slice lengthwise.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Heat up a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot add in the onions and stock.
- Fry until softened and add in the peppers. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and a splash of water and cover with lid. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve right away, or chill, serve reheated or chilled. Enjoy!!