Perfect for a christmas dinner. These, with goodness stuffed, pasta pillows are a great way to impress your guests.
200 grams of flour tipo 00
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
ground meat of choice
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
1 small handfull of grated parmesan cheese
1 small red onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 broccoli head
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
pinch of chili flakes
1/4 veggie stock cube
- Mound the flour on a flat surface, make a well in the center of the flour and drop the eggs in.
- Using a fork beat the eggs and begin to incorporate the flour, starting with the inner rim of the well.
- When half of the flour is incorporated the dough will begin to come together, at this point start kneading with your hands.
- Once the dough is a cohesive ball, wrap in plastic foil and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the ground meat, onion, 1 minced garlic clove, mustard, thyme, black peper, nutmeg and salt into a large bowl and mix everything together.
- When dough has rested cut in half and roll it (on a floured board) out with a pasta machine into a very thin sheet. (do this twice)
- Drop about 1-2 teaspoons off filling in the middle of the dough leaving 1 cm in between the filling dots.
- When the sheet of dough is fully dotted, cover it with the other sheet of pasta.
- Using you fingers press dough between each dot of filling, to seal.
- Cut ravioli into squares using a knife / pastry cutter.
- For the broccoli ‘trifolati’ start cutting the broccoli head into small florets.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot add the broccoli, the remaining garlic, chili flakes, veggie stock, salt and black pepper.
- Cover with lid and fry for 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli falls apart, stirring occasionally (add a splash of water if necessary).
- Boil some water and cook the ravioli for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli and ravioli with a splash of olive oil and some freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!!!