6-7 red bell peppers
1 garlic bulb
1 handfull of basil
For the caramalized cherry tomatoes
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp coconut sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the red peppers and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Slice the bulb of garlic in half and place on the baking tray.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place on a separate baking tray lined with baking paper, toss on the coconut sugar, oregano, salt and pepper and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are wrinkled and charred.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two.
- When cooled remove the seeds from the pepper and remove the skin of 2 garlic cloves.
- Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve with some homemade focaccia